Monday, October 27, 2008

Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins



I ran across this recipe on Annie's Eats. You can find her post here. It sounded delicious - Diesel and I love us some pb & chocolate! It's a combination that you can never ever ever go wrong with! I decided to try it last night since I happened to have all the ingredients and had no idea what to make for din-din. The recipe was actually quite simple as where the ingredients.


Okay, now the verdict... something had to have been missing from this recipe! I think they weren't quite sweet enough for my taste. I ended up sprinkling sugar on mine and they tasted better. The muffins themselves were light and fluffy and had a beautiful texture. So, I may try these again and add more sugar to the recipe. Monkey had one and a half for breakfast today and LOVED them. Of course, he doesn't get chocolate very often so that could have been like crack to him.


Here's the recipe for those who want to try it. Please let me know if you come up with any additions that help it out!


Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins
Ingredients:
2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
2/3 cup brown sugar
6 tbsp. butter, melted and cooled
½ cup peanut butter
2 large eggs
1 cup milk
¾ cup chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375°. Line a muffin pan with 12 paper liners.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and brown sugar. Set aside.

In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter, peanut butter, eggs and milk until smooth. Add in the flour mixture and stir until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Divide batter evenly between prepared muffin tins, filling each to the top.

Bake for 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the pan, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.

Source: adapted from Baking Bites

3 comments:

  1. These sound delicious! Another recipe to try . .. yum

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound so fabulous! I'm going to ahve to bookmark them and try them SOOOOON! ;-)

    ~melody~

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you beautiful readers! Leave some love!