Tuesday, January 6, 2009

An Easy Dinner - Easy Chili Skillet Bake

I discovered this recipe yesterday when sifting through my cookbooks. It was in a little Bisquick pamphlet so I thought I'd give it a try. The recipe calls for two cans of chili with beans. I made some chili instead since I don't keep canned chili in the pantry. It was a pretty easy one-dish meal - we had fresh carrots with it. We even had the left-overs today for lunch. I covered the skillet with foil and stuck it back in the oven to heat it up. It tasted just as good the 2nd time!

Easy Chili Skillet Bake

Ingredients
Chili (I just browned some meat and onion, added a medium size can of tomato sauce, can of ranch style beans, chili powder, half of a chili seasoning mix, garlic powder)
1 cup Bisquick (might need more to get the right consistency)
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

1. Pour warm/hot chili into a oven proof skillet. (You may need to spray the skillet w/cooking spray)
2. Stir Bisquick mix, milk and egg until blended. (I kept adding milk/mix to get the consistency of biscuits)
3. Spoon batter in ring around outer edge of chili. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of cheese over the batter.
4. Bake 20 minutes (at 400) or until crust is gold brown. Immediately sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of cheese over center. Let stand about 5 minutes.

4 comments:

  1. I just wandered back to tell you that yes, hot pink, will have to be included in the new studio somewhere and found this recipe - mmmm good. ~Kelly

    unDeniably Domestic

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW...what a lucky adorable little boy. My birthday is this month, I should invite you to throw a party! And thank you for the recipe. Always looking for something outside of our regular routine.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this looks wonderful! I love chili. I love biscuits. I love easy dinners.

    You're my hero.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! This looks so good. My family loves chili so I'll have to write down this recipe and try it for sure!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you beautiful readers! Leave some love!