Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Last minute V-day stuff


I made this Valentine block last weekend using an old piece of scrap wood I salvaged from a nearby home, some adorable vintage-looking paper, a wood heart I glittered and some ribbon. I painted the block red and then used Mod Podge to adhere the paper to the block. I inked the edges to distress it and then put about 4 layers of Mod Podge on top. Painted and glittered the heart and tied a ribbon. Just a little V-day cheer for the bathroom.

I also did these hearts over the weekend. I cut hearts out of cardboard and adhered the paper using Mod Podge. I am planning on attaching ribbon to hang them up.

I have a few vintage Valentines that I picked up at the antique store. I thought they were cute!

7 comments:

  1. So cute I love the valentine block. you so creative... hopefully i can be that way one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your blog on a link on the side of Imperfectly Beautiful, and I just had to say that I love the block that you made with that vintage-y (yes I made up a word) paper. I used some of that paper and covered a super cute composition book. I also really like the hearts that you made too. great crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute. I picked up some Valentine gift sacks from Hobby Lobby that have that same vintage look. I am planning on doing about the same thing you did. I'm lazy though, I purchased hearts at JoAnns, four for a buck. Thanks for sharing. REALLY CUTE!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I think you should come play at my house heehee.I love the vintage papers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All so cute and creative! I can't believe Valentines is coming right up and I'm going to be sick with the flu :-(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I just love your little projects, especially the paper covered wooden block.

    ReplyDelete
  7. they are all so lovely. I just found a little valentine vintage lunch box for kaia to put her valentine's in from school. i want to add glitter to it now! the block is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you beautiful readers! Leave some love!