I did a little makeover on our mailbox this week…
I pulled off the broken decorative emblem thingy and house numbers and then spray painted the mailbox with a gloss black. I did flat black first but it seemed to attract a lot of dust and prints so I did the gloss. I painted a J (for our last name) with the exterior house color and then gave it a couple coats of poly. Lastly, I used some Liquid Nails glue to adhere it to the mailbox. I even wrote our house number on the inside to help the mail person.
Oh, and I also installed the new doorbell button all by myself! I was impressed with my electrical aptitude. Ha ha! It was really quite simple to wire. I had a hard time getting the new screws in so I had to ask for help for that step. I guess it wasn’t completely by myself… but close enough for me. :)