Monday, May 4, 2009

Busy, Rainy, Cold Saturday

We had a yucky Saturday morning – it was wet and cold! But I still managed to hit up a few garage sales despite the fact that we were throwing our son’s big birthday party that afternoon. Yeah, I can be a little insane!

I’ll let you guess how much I spent on these purchases…

IMG_4911

IMG_4912

I got the trike for my son, a new-in-box lamp that needs a shade, a bird cage (in need of a coat of spray paint) and a brand new t-shirt. My grand total came out to $2.85! You read that right! Under $3 for everything. Here’s how it broke down:

Trike $2 (it’s in excellent condition!)
Bird cage .10 (as in ten cents!)
New lamp .25
New t-shirt .50

Anyone else get good deals this weekend? Be sure to link up at Rhoda’s.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, you did do great! Those are some nice items for less than $3 bucks. Thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW...you got some great deals! Especially the trike. How did the party go?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat birdcage! What color are you going to paint it?? Thanks for commenting on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I found your blog through Rhoda's. You scored some serious deals- good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOLY COW what great deals!
    My sis and I just decided to start thrift store shopping, and garage sale ing'... i hope i found great deals like yours! NICE!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe you win! These are great finds.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Cjar;a

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What great buys. I gotta check this other stuff out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that is good! I really like that bird cage! Different looking.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you beautiful readers! Leave some love!