Monday, November 10, 2008

Yum-o: Baked Potato Soup

One of my friends e-mailed me this baked potato soup recipe. I've actually never had baked potato soup! Crazy, I know! It sounded so wonderful that I had to make it right away... so I whipped it up tonight and it turned out perfect!!! Love it! And it made enough to feed a firehouse of guys!

Baked Potato Soup


Approximate prep time: 30 minutes (not including baking potatos)
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes

2/3 cup butter
2/3 cup flour
7 cups milk
4 cups baked potatoes,or about 5 large potatoes (I usually add a couple to make it thicker), peeled and cubed
4 green onions sliced then (I used chives from my garden - a handful. I might use more next time because I'd like a little more flavor)
8-12 strips bacon, according to your taste preferences, cooked and crumbled
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
8 oz sour cream
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

1. Melt butter in large stockpot. Add flour and stir until smooth over med. heat.
2. Add milk, stirring often until thickened. Be careful not to scorch.
3. Add potatoes and onions and bring to a boil. (oh, and I also added a little minced garlic here.) Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes, stirring often.
4. Remove from heat and add bacon, cheese, and sour cream. Stir until melted.
5. Add seasonings and blend thoroughly.

1 comment:

  1. How yummy does your soup look! Thanks for sharing the recipe. I just stumbled upon your blog, and I have enjoyed looking through your posts! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you beautiful readers! Leave some love!