Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Last Night's Fiasco We Called Dinner

Last night's dinner was a bit of fiasco... let's just say, my meat was still frozen, I was out of ingredients, I ended up with tomato sauce covering my kitchen and myself. No joke. It was in my hair, on my face, and all over my shirt. Ugh! Oh, and I forgot to turn on the oven... and realized it after the casserole "baked" for 30 minutes. Not good when you have a VERY hungry toddler!

The casserole did turn out good so I thought I'd share the recipe. These are estimates because I tend to not measure things out!

My Italian Pizza Casserole

2 1/2 cups egg noodles
1 lb ground beef
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 small bell pepper, chopped
onion, diced
3 8 oz cans tomato sauce
3 T Italian seasoning
1 t oregano
1 t rosemary
1 t thyme
Pepperoni
Mozzarella Cheese - grated

Cook noodles according to package and drain. While noodles are cooking, cook garlic, bell pepper, and onion in a bit of oil on medium heat for 3 minutes or so. Add hamburger meat and brown. Salt & pepper. Drain off any fat.

Mix noodles, hamburger meat, tomato sauce, seasonings, and 1/3 cup cheese. Spread in 9x13 casserole dish. Sprinkle with cheese and pepperonis. Bake for 30 minutes at 350.

I made two 9" square dishes and froze one for later.

1 comment:

  1. They say the third time is the charm, so let me try, for the third time, to comment here without interruption. :) Haha, if I wrote about all my fiasco dinners I don't think anyone would ever want to eat at my house again! :) Let's just say my experimental cooking...should not be legal. I am okay as long as I follow a recipe, and yours look delicious! I am especially interested to try the chocolate peanut butter muffins; my sweet Hubby has a sweet tooth and a love of all things chocolate and peanut butter.
    Thank you for stopping by yesterday and for your kind words. I hope you will have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you beautiful readers! Leave some love!