Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Thankful November

My friend, Elizabeth, over at So Sweet to be Home posted this idea she got from A Soft Place to Land. The idea is to post one thing you are thankful for each day this month. Love this idea because I often times feel like I take so many simple things for granted.

I loved Elizabeth's post today regarding being thankful for a home. This is funny because just yesterday, D & I were talking about our home. Our plans regarding our home haven't gone as planned... when we got married, we moved into a rent house of my dad's with plans to upgrade and purchase a house. Due to many obstacles, 5 1/2 years later, we are still in the cozy, little 2 bedroom home. I told D that if I knew we were going to be here this long, I would have re-wallpapered the living room on day one! I despise our living room wallpaper!

Anyway, I am grateful that we have a very nice, cozy home. Our house is actually an amazing little house. We've done some improvements since living here... I don't mind since my dad owns it and gives a bargain on rent! I am extremely thankful for our home.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I so relate to changing wallpaper...if only I could know how long will we be here?! We usually live in apartments or base-housing, and the rules generally are - you paint it, you paint it back when you leave. I get so bored with the beige everything, that I want to paint! But then, the idea of having to paint it all back makes me hestitant. The one room I did paint here is the nursery. It turned out great, but now we are moving next year, urgh. :) You can't take it with you! I will have to post pictures of what I did in there before I paint it back...
    Have a wonderful day! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you beautiful readers! Leave some love!